Buxton is arguably one of the most famous towns in the whole of Derbyshire. It has two claims to fame, notably that it is a market town and also a spa town. It sits right next to the Peak District National Park, making it a firm favourite among those who visit the area on holiday.
Indeed, if you choose to stay in the Paddock House Farm Holiday Cottages, you won’t have too far to travel to visit Buxton for the day. There are lots of reasons why you would do so as well, not least to see the spa town and also to visit Poole’s Cavern. This cavern is made from limestone and is well worth a look, since it takes you beneath ground level to explore the chambers below.
Of course, Buxton is probably most famous for its spring water, and when you pay a visit you can go to St Anne’s Well to fill your bottle directly from there. Many people then head into the Peak District National Park close by, to explore the area around the town.
If you are in the town on the right day, you can visit the local market and enjoy the shops nearby as well.
Buxton is only 10 miles approx by car from Paddock House Farm Holiday Cottages. We offer a choice of 6 Holiday Cottages nr Buxton.
- Ash Derbyshire Holiday Cottage 3 bedroom sleeps 6 + 2
- Beech Derbyshire Holiday Cottage 3 bedroom sleeps 6 + 4
- Oak Derbyshire Holiday Cottage 3 bedroom sleeps 5
- Hazel Holiday Cottage 2 bedroom sleeps 4 + 2
- Elm Derbyshire Holiday Cottage sleeps 2 + 2
- Cherry Derbyshire Holiday Cottage sleeps 2